Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday, May 27th

Welcome back! I hope you had a great three-day weekend! I spent the weekend with my best friend Heidi, whom most of you met on Friday. She was so impressed with you! On Monday I went to Central Park with Ms. Jelinek and a few of my friends. I definitely didn't put enough sun screen on!

Anyway, back to the grind. I know you love my speeches, but I refuse to lower my expectations, no matter how hot the classroom is, or how badly you want to be outside.

You had a homework assignment due today. Only 15 people turned it in. I expect to see it via e-mail or in class tomorrow. There are no excuses. Here's an excellent example of the assignment:

May 23,2008

Ms.Skrzypchak 725

Once In A Life Time Opportunity!!!

Imagine this: “You are walking down the street on a normal, sunny day with your friends. All of your friends have their own things to be playing with. For example, your best friend has her puppy with her, your other friend has her phone and your other friend has her iPod.” Does it sound sad? Well that all could change when you buy the YOU ROCK 3000! It is the new invention from the great scientist Dr.Jehiza L. Feliz. This invention includes an Ipod, cell phone, text messenger, IM, and games provider. It looks like a typical sidekick LX.

Cost: $25.95

Shipping And Handling: $2.40



Know the difference between Washington and Monroe. Breaking it down really simply: Washington believed in isolationism. Remember the political cartoon I showed you in class (with a fence around the US.) Monroe wanted the US to be a super power. He wanted the US to control the entire Western Hemisphere.

More talk about this tomorrow.

723 and 725 ...You've got homework tonight: vocab words that you need to study, and put in a short story or poem.

724: I expect to see your homework from Friday!

No comments: